Thursday, February 18, 2010

City makes kiosk close



Dusseldorf - The wrong time to invest in the wrong place? To get away from Hartz IV, took over Damir Tumbas (37) three years ago, a kiosk at the Lessing Square.
What he did not know: The residents of the kiosks is a thorn in the eye. After a citizens' group has formed, it must dichtmachen at month-end.
"Now I'll buy myself a job," Tumbas Damir was thinking when he, after two years of unemployment, an acquaintance offered to the kiosk at the Lessing Square.
$ 10,000 cost of the acquisition. He borrowed money and set up his entire savings. Everything seemed good. "Kiosk operators is not a great job," says the former computer technician. "But mainly, we have work. I will not support. "
While Tumbas was glad to make money, formed Resistance: A citizens' initiative set the goal to a more attractive Lessingplatz. One measure: Get rid of the kiosk!
"The alcoholics pulls into the square. The drink make noise and harassing passers-by, "says founder Anke Fabian. After a half years, the residents complaints to be effective: For month-end will be closed Tumbas kiosk.
This is possible because he is on urban terrain. "The city just makes me close the store," he says. "There are kiosks along with the audience for 50 years. I can not help it. And the next pump room is 30 meters. "
A solution was left to the operator: Do not sell alcohol anymore. "Then I can just stop," said Tumbas.
 What happens after the stand-off, do not know Tumbas. "Maybe I can help the city with a new job - if they take away my old. I want to work and yet no one lying on the bag, "he says.